Live in my new home
After we arrived at Chiang Mai train station early in the morning, we took a ‘Rot Daeng’ or Red Car or taxi to our place. We have paid 200 Baht for almost 10 km drive for both of us packed with 2 huge luggage and 2 hand luggage. There was another guy on the taxi. Guess what, where does he come from? Yeah, he comes from Germany. We have met a lot of German people in Thailand.
Buy my first motorcycle
When we got everything arranged for the house, we went to do other important thing. Transportation is very important in Chiang Mai. We decided to buy a motorcycle as they are cheap and faster when there is traffic jam.
Before we came to Chiang Mai we have joined several Facebook group. There are several groups that are quite useful
- Chiang Mai Digital Nomads – Digital Normad general information. There are admins who moderate the group. Every post will be approved. I have posted my questions there twice.
- Chiang Mai Nomad Girls – Digital Normad for girls. There are information such as what you will do in Chiang Mai.
- Chiang Mai, Buy, Sell, Swap. – Stuffs can be sold and bought here. I have not bought anything yet. But there are really a lot of interesting things such as kitchen stuff till washing maschine.
- Chiang Mai Motorcycle Buy and Sell – Because of this group, we have bought our motorcycle sold from Marc. It costs 31000 bath for 1 year old automatic motorcycle with the green book and tax. The motorcycle has been taken away from the owner by the bank as the owner could not pay. So, we are sure that the motorcycle is safe 🙂
Legally, when you bought a motorcycle you have to go to ‘Landtransport office’. In Chiang Mai you can find it here. Then, you will be legally owner of it.
In Thailand you have to pay tax around 100 baht. Before you can pay tax, you have to buy kind of “government insurance”. It cost around 324 baht. If you have an accidents you are immediately covered for 15000 baht if you are injured. Make sure, that they write your name correctly. After 2 working days, I got a motorcycle in my name!
- Helmet. We have bought the helmet for 550 baht and 650 baht. It is important to save yourself as you know that Thailand has a lot of road accident. If the police found you not wearing helmet you have to pay a fee for 200 baht and not more than 500 baht.
- Driving license. Make sure that you keep the driving license with you when you drive. I have an international driving license from Germany. I have paid around 25-30 Euro. But I use Thai license in Thailand.
Then, we explore Chiang Mai.
Pilates and Swim in Chiang Mai
My husband swim almost every day and I do 3-5 times sport per week. It is very important for us to do exercise as both of us work long hours with the laptops all the time. I will start with how we found the sport place
Swimming in สนามกีฬาสมโภชเชียงใหม่ 700 ปี Chiang Mai Provincial Sompot 700 Years Sports Complex. This is the link. The official page has different information than the information at the swimming pool. My husband bought the membership card for 750 baht and he can enter the swimming pool for 30 baht. He can swim all day long.
Back in Frankfurt, I went to TG Bornheim sport club. I paid 10 Euro per month and I could visit around 100 classes if I want to. I did Pilates every week and I really miss it. The quality was good and the price was perfect. Now, in Chiang Mai, there are many studios providing pilates but they are quite expensive. At the end I have choosen ‘Power House Gym‘. I could pay 10000 bath for 1 year to take all classes. The mats are clean no need to bring the towel. They provide a locker, sauna, bath room. The changing room and toilets are clean. They offer Pilates with ball. It was quite hard but I love it ^_^